Refund and Attendance for Short Courses
- The registration cannot be withdrawn once a class place is allocated to you.
- Your payment is a committed request for a class place.
- Course fees paid are not transferable.
- CLE cannot refund any additional costs incurred when obtaining your cheques.
Refund & Attendance Requirement
- Attendance requirement:
- a 4-lesson course a student should not miss more than 0.5 lesson
- a 6-lesson course a student should not miss more than 1 lesson
- Only participants who have met the attendance requirement will be entitled to a substantial refund of the course fee:
Course fee Refund
- Refund collection time:
Winter courses mid-March Summer courses late July Spring courses mid-May August courses
- Refund will be made to your designated bank account as indicated in the Student Information System (SIS). Please keep your bank account details updated . For students of other special situations, please follow the details stated in the refund collection email.
Bad Weather Arrangements and Class Cancellation
- Our decision on whether a class will be cancelled is made according to the University guidelines
- If a class is canceled due to uncontrollable factors like Typhoon Signal Number 8 or Black Rainstorm Warning, there will be no make up class. In such special cases, all students will be counted as present in meeting the attendance requirement.
- On meeting the attendance requirement, each participant will be awarded an Attendance Certificate.